The sending domain name is the "ID card" when sending e-mail. Each account must have a sending domain name. During the SMTP session, it is the suffix of mail from
mail from: email@example.com 250 sender firstname.lastname@example.org OK
As shown above liubida.cn This is the domain name of this email.
After successful registration of EngageLab account, the system will automatically assign a test sending domain name. Before formal use, please be sure to create the domain name used by the real business, do not use the test domain name provided by the system to send the real business.
Sending domain configure
The configuration of sending domain name includes SPF, dkim, MX and dmarc. Among them, SPF, dkim and MX are required, dmarc is optional.
SPF wiki explanation
SPF is a DNS record type proposed to prevent spam, which is used to register all IP addresses of outgoing mail owned by a domain name.
MX is a mail exchange record, which points to a mail server. It is used to locate the mail server according to the address suffix of the recipient when the e-mail system sends mail
DKIM wiki explanation
Dkim is an important technical means to prevent fraudulent e-mail. Usually, the sender will insert dkim signature and electronic signature information into the header of e-mail, while the receiver will get the public key through DNS query and then verify it. It is recommended to configure, especially for users with more foreign domains
The main purpose of "dmarc" protocol is to identify and intercept fraudulent mail. After the configuration is passed, the platform will use the current domain name as the domain name suffix of from to deliver the mail. So as to reduce the interception of mail service providers, improve the credibility of mail, improve the rate of box.
- Select Setting - domain to enter the sending domain configuration interface. If there is no official domain , you can add a new mail domain
- Click the domain to be configured to enter the configuration interface. According to the data given by the system, do the relevant configuration in your domain management system
There are three states after domain configuration:
- Unverified: any one of the required items (SPF, dkim and MX) failed (Thus domain cannot bind API_ USER)
- Usable : all the three required items have passed the verification, and the optional items have not passed the verification.
- Verified : all configuration items have been verified.
After all records are configured, it may take 10-30 minutes for the DNS to take effect
You need to set different domains (domains with different primary domains) for trigger mail and bulk mail, so as to avoid sharing one sending domain , which will restrict both types of mail and prevent trigger mail from being delivered in time
How to configure domain on DNS resolution platform
We will introduce how the most common DNS service providers configure domain names.
First, please confirm that you have created your own sending domain in the background of EngageLab.
The following example, in xxx.com as an example.
1.Login to your DNSPOD account,and enter the [My Domains] page of domain name management.
2.Click [Add Record] and a new record box will appear, as shown in the figure below.
3.Refer to EngageLab's xxx.com, fill in "host record", "record type" and "record value" and save them.
4.You need to fill in 3 TXT records and 1 MX record. Please ensure that the information provided by EngageLab is completely consistent.
API_ User is the
account when calling the interface to send a message.
- Create API_ When using, you need to specify its "type" (trigger / batch), "sending domain " and "tracking options"
- Type : API_USER for trigger type can only send trigger mai l, API_USER can only send bulk mail.
- Sending domain : creating API_USER needs to choose to bind a sending domain.
- Tracking options: after selection, when use this API_USER sends a message, EngageLab can help users collect the corresponding tracking information of the receiver.
API_ KEY is the
password when calling the interface to send a message
- After successful registration, you need to log in to your account and manually generate an API_KEY.
- Same API_KEY cannot be displayed again after it is displayed once in the interface.
- Each API_USER has corresponding API_ KEY can be the same or different.
- The API_KEY can be reset individually or in batch, reset in batch shares the same API_ KEY.
- After reset, API_KEY will take effect immediately, and the new API_KEY and the old API_KEY will both take effect within 15 minutes.
API_ User and API_ Key is an important information for authentication when sending messages through API or SMTP, which needs to be kept properly
Label can help users classify messages, which is suitable for A / B testing scenarios.
After the label is created successfully, the system will automatically assign a label ID. when the mail is sent, you can label the mail with the label ID parameter.
At the same time, you can query the sending status of the corresponding content through the label dimension in the system.
Email tracking can help users collect "open data", "click data" and "unsubscribe data" of sent email, so as to evaluate the effect of email sending.
You can configure an API_ USER's "open tracking", "click tracking", "subscription tracking" by tracking.
The principle of tracking implementation
- Click: the system will replace the original email link with the link of tracking domain name with parameters. When the user clicks the link in the email, because the CNAME tracking the domain name configuration is track.engagelab.org, the EngageLab server will receive a request to count the clicks, and then jump to the original link.
- Open: the system will insert a transparent picture of 1 pixel into the email. When an e-mail is opened, the MP client and web page will automatically download the pictures in the e-mail, and the EngageLab server will receive a request for statistics.
- Unsubscribe: the system will insert an HTML code with unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or change the
%%user_defined_unsubscribe_link%%variable is replaced with the unsubscribe link. When the unsubscribe link is clicked, the corresponding unsubscribe page will be displayed. The user selects the unsubscribe reason on the unsubscribe page. After submitting the form, EngageLab collects the message for processing.
EngageLab provides the default tracking domain , but the default tracking domain is shared, which will be affected by other users. It is recommended to configure a custom tracking domain name.
Due to the upgrade of chrome and other browsers, it will be forbidden to load HTTP resources in the future, which will lead to inaccurate interception and tracking data. It is recommended to upload SSL certificate and enable HTTPS tracking.
The switch and setting can be adjusted according to the situation.
It is recommended to keep subscription tracking on so that users can unsubscribe when they don't want to continue receiving e-mail, instead of reporting to MP.
If the DNS configuration of the tracking domain name you use does not maintain the CNAME configuration, the link in the email may not be able to click jump after the click tracking service is turned on.
Unsubscribe settings will not take effect until the subscription tracking service is enabled in the tracking options.
EngageLab provides three ways to unsubscribe dimension settings
- When an API_USER is unsubscribed, only this API_USER is unsubscribed。 The system defaults to this option.
- When an API_USER is unsubscribed, unsubscribe all APIs_ USER.
- When an API_USER is unsubscribed , unsubscribe the API_USER in defined. When you choose 3, each API_USER can set its unsubscribe rules independently. According to the API_USER business allocation, unsubscribe processing.
Format of unsubscription
By default, the unsubscribe button inserted into the e-mail will change according to the language of the unsubscribe page. If you are not satisfied with the style of this button, you can write your own HTML code and use the
%%user_defined_unsubscribe_link%% variable. When sending, EngageLab will Replace
Unsubscribe page You can set personalized unsubscribe page according to your needs. We support setting language, page color, logo image and unsubscribe directional jump. If you are not satisfied with non Chinese translation, you can modify it by yourself during editing.
You can set the API_ USER specifies the unsubscribe page in [tracking], or you can specify the unsubscribe page (under development) when API is called. The API specifies that the unsubscribe page takes precedence over the API_USER bound unsubscribe page.
When users submit delivery request to EngageLab, 「request result」 will be simultaneously returned to users; 「delivery result」 and 「results of other event」 will be asynchronously returned to users via WebHook.
When an event occurs, it will trigger EngageLab to send data (post) to the URL set by the customer. The customer receives the data, parses the event and data for subsequent processing.
At present, the events we support include: target,sent,delivered, open, click, unsubscribe, spam-reporting , invalid email, soft bounce , and route . Please refer to here for the message format of each event.
Fixed 'from' suffix and fixed 'mail from'
What is from
From is the sender in the content of the letter, and the format is email.
In EngageLab, you can customize from to any legal email address in API or SMTP.
What is mail from
Mail from is the sender on the envelope, also known as sender, and the format is email.
Mail from is equivalent to the Secretary of from, who conveys the message for from.
On the EngageLab platform, the mail from suffix is controlled by the system and is unified with the current sending domain name; The prefix can be set separately on the page. If it is not set, the system will generate a random string by default.
Why is the mail from prefix generated by EngageLab by default a random string ?
Some mailbox will control the number of received items according to mail from. In order to avoid the restriction that mail from is the same value, the mail from prefix adopts random string by default.
What happens if from and mail from are inconsistent ?
- If the suffixes of from and mail from are inconsistent, the e-mail will be sent on behalf of others. Only when the requirements of some e-mail boxes are completely consistent, can they be sent on behalf of others.
- In the case of inconsistency between from and mail from, the strict mailbox will enter the dustbin or refuse to accept the letter
Fixed from suffix
When you need the from suffix to be consistent with the mail from suffix, you can control it by yourself when API or SMTP is sending. You can also set whether the from suffix is fixed and consistent with the mail from suffix according to the mailbox domain name in EngageLab. In general, there will be no proxy after setting.
Fixed mail from
When you encounter some e-mails, because the prefix of mail from is a random string, you can set the fixed mail from.
Auto AD tag
All batch API_USER are selected by default, the automatic ad will load the subject of the mail. We suggest that this setting be turned on for bulk marketing mail to avoid being recognized as spam by email.
When you have security requirements for mail data transmission, you can turn on this switch for setting.
Note: encryption may reduce the sending rate of e-mail, please add it as needed.
Don't disturb when sending
If you want to avoid sending mail in a certain period of time, which will affect the user experience, you can set it.
For example, if you set an API_USER does not disturb from 23:00 to 6:00am, the system will suspend the AP_USER from 23:00 to 6:00am sending of mail requested .
EngageLab will use the four lists of bounce \ complaint \ unsubscribe \ block to intercept specific addresses. If you don't want to use this interception for an address or receiving domain, you can add the address or receiving domain to the uninterception list.
[Bounce] is the email address that is actually send through EngageLab, and the MP returns "address does not exist".EngageLab will intercept the address within the validity period, and return the failure reason "in blacklist: bounce". You can select whether to enable 'Bounce intercept' through "Options" (on: intercep; Off: not intercept)