Using valid contact data and segmenting contacts according to various standards and sending some content to target groups are the right way to use marketing.
Fields are used to identify your subscriber's own characteristics . For example :
What's Anna's email subscription address Anna@domain , a female paying user, whose birthday is March 1 every year.
Email : Anna@domain
Name : Anna
Gender : Female
Birthday : 03/01
The default contact fields provided by EngageLab are as follows
Email, name and phone cannot be deleted or set invisible.
Fields can be added or deleted according to the situation .
When creating a new field, you can define the name of the attribute and select the appropriate type .
The main types we support are：Text、Num、Date、Birthday、Dropdown
If you want to adjust the display order of contact attributes, you can enter "manage - Fields" and drag attributes to adjust the display order.
The maximum number of fields supported by a list is 50
Tag is your classification of a type of contacts. It is composed of strings and can be used to manage your contacts.
Tag can be created independently and used on demand. After creating tag and tagging tag to contact person, you can filter contact person through tag and send email by using tag related contact person.
In EngageLab , you can tag a contact individually or operate in batch.
Examples of application
Suppose you run a website related to food, and your contacts Anna and Emma like desserts very much. In addition, Anna often browses Japanese food, while Emma shows great interest in Chinese food.
Then you can do the following
- Create three tags of desserts, Japanese cuisine and Chinese cuisine
- Mark Anna with two Tags: dessert and Japanese food
- Mark Emma with two Tags: dessert and Chinese cuisine
Recently, you are going to introduce new desserts to members by email.
After you edit the content of the email, you can find the tag named dessert and send it directly. Then you can send your new product to all the dessert lovers in your contacts.
Of course, you can also select a tag named dessert to send when creating a new task.
Segment is a mapping generated by filtering from contacts according to set rules, which is equivalent to a contact filter of a specific rule.
You can segment by their properties and tags.
Create a segment
- Name a segment
- Select matching conditions type: all or any
- Set conditions, support up to 10 conditions
When the matching condition is set to meet all conditions, it means that only the contacts who meet all conditions at the same time will enter the segment.
When the matching condition is set to meet any test, the contact will enter the segment when any condition is met.
Segment can help you complete more detailed contact management than tag, so as to complete precision marketing.
Examples of application
You plan to conduct a user survey. The target population is women aged 25-30. Now you can use groups to find these contacts and send your user research email.
- Create a new segment called "user survey for women aged 25-30".
- Set the matching condition to meet all the requirements.
- Set the first condition Age > = 25
- Add a new condition, set Age < = 30
- Add a new condition, and set it to Gender = Female
- Click next to preview the screened contacts. After saving, the segment can be created successfully.
- Send directly by segment, or select this segment to send when creating a new task.