The purpose of this article is to guide users on how to create notification messages on the Engagelab console.
Create a Notification Message
Go to the [Push]-[Create a Push]-[Create a Notification Message] page to create a push task. The parameter configuration instructions are as follows:
- Target Platform:
- before selecting a platform,set the corresponding platform in [Integration settings].
- only the platform authorized by the primary account can be selected for the sub account.
- the title of the push message.Please try to avoid "test,test,pure digital" and other meaningless content,otherwise the manufacturer may intercept and fail to receive the notification message!
- Content: the content of the push message,Please try to avoid "test,test, pure digital" and other meaningless content,otherwise the manufacturer may intercept and fail to receive the notification message!
- Sending Time: Select the time to send
- Immediately: Instant message delivery.
- Delayed: The sending time can only be set three minutes after the current time,and the scheduled task cannot exceed one year.
- Constant speed push: Complete push within the set time to reduce server pressure.
- Click the notification to open: Action after click notification.
- Open app
- Intent (recommended):
- The format is:intent:#Intent;action=action path;component=packagename/ Activity path;end
Advanced Options (Optional)
- Time To Live: When a push message to a user, if the user is not online at present, it will be saved as an offline message, which will be pushed to the user the next time he is online.
- This value can be used to specify the duration of offline messages for. That is, within the time limit, users will continue to receive push when they go online, otherwise they will expire.
- The default duration is 1 day. If it is set to 0, it means that offline messages are not reserved, that is, only users who are currently online can receive them, and all those who are not online will not receive them.
- Additional fields: Used for client-side custom event handling.You can add or delete additional fields.
- Vendor channel status: After the corresponding manufacturer channel integration and configuration is completed, the manufacturer channel status of the corresponding channel will be highlighted.
- Message Sending Strategy: You can specify the priority distribution policy for the vendor channel and the Engagelab channel. When selecting the vendor policy, make sure that the vendor channel has been configured successfully.
- System channel distribution means that as long as the browser process exists in the operating system, the message can be delivered.
- Engagelab channel distribution means it is delivered through the websocket of Engagelab. It needs the user to open your site page.
- Notification Styles: Different from the built-in notification bar styles in MTPush SDK, the notification bar styles here are three common styles built with system api. For details, click "?" to view the description. It is supported in MTPush Android SDK 3.0.1 and later versions.
- Custom notification bar style: You can set multiple styles on the client side to specify different numbers, and when the server side pushes, specify the number to use the previously set style. The default value of this value is 0, that is, the default style is used.
- Notification Icon: Icon on the right side of the notification bar.
- Default logo: The notification bar displays the application default icon.
- Specify path icon: The notification bar displays an icon for the specified path. The picture can be a network resource starting with HTTP or HTTPS, or a drawable resource folder path.
- Notification reminder template: You can set the alert priority for notifications to avoid frequent customer interruptions. By default, the general reminder template is selected. The template includes the Template Name, Channel Name, Channel ID, Priority, Category, Alert Type, and Sound Setting.
- General reminder template: The notification priority is PRIORITY_DEFAULT, and the alert type is Sound | Vibrate | Lights.
- Imperceptible reminder template: The notification priority is PRIORITY_LOW and the alert type is Vibrate | Lights.
- Strong reminder template: The notification priority is PRIORITY_HIGH and the alert type is Sound | Vibrate | Lights.
- Click "New message reminder template" to customize the reminder template.
- Channel_id: For the notification channel feature function of Android 8.0 and later systems, the notification channel ID needs to be specified for push.
- Priority: this priority takes effect only for Engagelab channels. The default priority attribute is set to PRIORITY_DEFAULT. For more information, see developer documentation . Takes effect in MTPush Android SDK 3.0.1 and later.
- Category: The system may use the category attribute of notifications to sort or filter in the notification bar. It takes effect in MTPush Android SDK 3.0.1 and later versions. For the official description, see the developer documentation.
- Alert Type: The developer can check the corresponding item to specify the reminder type on the mobile phone when the notification is delivered.However, the system limitations cannot be exceeded. For example, if the mobile phone ring is on, the vibration is allowed, and the LED indicator is on.(effective in MTpush Android SDK version 3.0.3 and later.)
- Badge Number: The icon in the upper-right corner of the application icon.
- This attribute is currently only valid for Huawei emui 8.0 and above, and Xiaomi MIUI 6 and above.
- If this field is not filled in, it means that the subscript number will not be changed (due to system control, Xiaomi equipment will still have the effect of +1 by default regardless of whether it is pushed to the engagelab channel or the manufacturer channel.);Otherwise, the badge configured for the next notification bar message_ add_ Num data will increase with the number of previous subscripts;
- Suggest Badge_ add_ Num is configured as 1;Example: Badge_ add_ Num is configured as 1. The number of subscripts before application is 2. After sending this subscript message, the number of subscripts applied is displayed as 3.
- Content available: 1. It does not carry any badge, sound, message content and other parameters. You can update the content without disturbing the user. Refer to "Silent Remote Notifications".
- Notification subtitle: This field is only applicable to system versions above iOS 10. Android platform and other iOS system versions are not affected by the contents of this field.
- content-available: iOS 7 starts to add new features. The description here is background remote notification. If it is not enabled, it is a common remote notification. For details, refer to "Background Remote Notification".
- mutable-content: iOS 10 starts to add new features and functions. If it is enabled here, it means that it supports the unnotificationserviceextension feature of iOS 10. If it is not enabled, it is a common remote notification. For details, refer to "UNNotificationServiceExtension".
- apns-collapse-id: The notification carries the collapse ID parameter, which will overwrite the notification with the same collapse ID in the notification center. The value of collapse ID cannot exceed 64 bytes. This field describes the reference in detail APNs Guide.
- Notification reminder template: You can set the alert priority for notifications to avoid frequent customer interruptions. By default, the general reminder template is selected. The template includes the Template Name, Notification Classification,Sound,Volume, Critical, Category, Thread-id, and Interruption-level.
- General reminder template: Notification Classification is "General notification", sound is "default notification", interruption-level is "active".
- Imperceptible reminder template: notification type is "notification type", sound is "silent", interruption-level is "passive".
- Click "New Message Reminder Template" to customize the alert template.
- General notification: specify the sound through the sound field. The default is default, which is the system default sound. If set to a null value, it is muted. If it is set to a special name, you need to configure the sound in your app to work normally.
- Alarm notification: applications that need to push alarm notification need to go to Apple Developer to apply for permission.
- category: iOS category.Only iOS 8 and above systems can support this parameter push.
- thread-id: An application specific identifier for grouping notifications.
- interruption-level: It is used to define the interrupt level of notification priority and delivery time. For details, see Interruption level field.
- Badge Number:
- You can directly specify the badge of APNs push notification, which is directly displayed in the upper right corner of the desktop application icon, meaning the number of unread messages of the application.
- It also supports operations such as +12, -3. Mtpush will perform separate operations for each user's current badge. For example, if the corner marks of receiver a and B are 1 and 2 respectively, then after pushing +2, the corner mark of a becomes 3 and the corner mark of B becomes 4. The default value is 1.
Audience: The target population that needs to be pushed, it is recommended to use the registrationID obtained from the registration log for push during testing.
- All: This fence will be pushed to all currently registered and future registered online users of the app.
- registrationID: push up to 1000 at a time.
After configuring the push parameters, click "Preview" to view the configured push parameters.
Confirm the sending parameters and click "Confirm" to successfully create the push task.
If there are no push targets that meet the conditions, the following error is returned:
Create a custom message
Go to the [Create a Push] - [Custom Message] page to create a push task. For parameter configuration instructions, refer to Create Notification Message.